List of Activities for Your Advent Calendar

1 December 2014

Ravacholle Lifestyle Blog | Activities Ideas for your Advent Calendar. Simple, minimalist, lady and her children in a snowy forest

Yay! It's finally December! With all the shops and the interwebs going crazy about Christmas as early as October (!!) I am finally able to enjoy the festive season without guilt. As you know we celebrate Saint-Nicolas as well in Belgium so no decorations out before the 6th for me - at least that's what we do in my family.

I always received a chocolate calendar from my parents as a kid and I never EVER spent a year without it so obviously I got myself one with some Kinder chocolate yum!

I also wanted to make a special calendar for the love of my life - a minimalist one of course. I already made him one the first year we were dating: I just hid small cute notes of quotes and things to do into a cheap chocolate calendar and on the 24th day I wrote the magic three words every hopeless romantic expects to hear at some point. Of course I didn't wait until the end of December to tell him! I spoiled the surprise but still it was very cute and he appreciated it.

As always I have been scouring Pinterest for inspiration and came across this forest - so cute right? I really like Santa. Then I came across this. Easy right? That's what I did. Take a look.

P1210646

My minimalist advent calendar is filled with activities to do together:

  1. Get and decorate the tree - watch Joyeux Noël
  2. Go ice skating - have a walk in Brussels centre to see the tree and Christmas market
  3. Eat a raclette
  4. Make a gingerbread house
  5. Write Christmas cards
  6. Saint-Nicolas! Bake speculoos cookies
  7. Write Christmas cards - part 2
  8. Go out and see Paddington Bear at the movies
  9. Watch White Christmas
  10. Go for a walk and forage evergreens - deck the halls
  11. Make and put up a wreath
  12. Host a small Christmas party and invite a few friends
  13. Drink festive cocktails - involving Baileys!
  14. Make ornaments
  15. Watch It's a wonderful life
  16. Have a hot chocolate from VroomVroom Coffee in the morning
  17. Go see The Hobbit
  18. Go to the BIP's Christmas village 
  19. Eat a waffle at our favourite place to eat waffles
  20. Attend a small gifts exchange party 
  21. Go window shopping
  22. A chocolate treat
  23. Gather, check and wrap presents
  24. Hang the mistletoe and have a kiss!

Related posts
Copyright © Ravacholle
Design by Fearne