Tree details

18 December 2014

Ravacholle Lifestyle Blog | Christmas tree decorations 2014

This week is the one before Christmas. I think you already guessed I only wanted to share merry posts on the blog. So for the fourth day of this Special Christmas Week that I forgot to tell you about, I finally share with you some iphone photos of my tree! 

The tree itself is a Nordmann from Ikea that I think was so well shaped I didn't want to clutter it by having lots and lots of ornaments on it. I really wanted a simple decorating this year so I thought I would only hang simple baubles in fancy purple (is that even a color?) with touches of gold and natural elements.

Ravacholle Lifestyle Blog | Christmas ornaments 2014

The Mulberry lock is made out of cardboard and it was a gift tag attached to the paper bag when I bought my Bayswater. Purple baubles, tree topper and wooden trees: Mr Bricolage. Other gold, brown and black jazzy baubles: John Lewis. Little owl and reindeer: West Elm. Gold hearts: Sia at Galeria Inno.

Ravacholle Lifestyle Blog | Christmas Nutcracker 2014

I love this flyer that my former roommate got at some university event. I thought it was so great I made a copy for myself. It says that Santa Claus is wanted for environmental crimes, child labour, mental torture and brainwashing. It's something to remind ourselves that Christmas is not exclusively about the presents.

Ravacholle Lifestyle Blog | Cranberries Christmas tree decorations 2014


I love candles figurines. My mum and my grandma used to have big snowmen or Santas in wax that we never lit but displayed at Christmas time. I always loved it as I feel it adds a touch of nostalgia. I was lucky to find five little candles that used to belong to the boyfriend's parents. When they were still together they opened a candle and balloon shop and sold lots of differently shaped wax lights. I put fresh cranberries in a jar to add a festive touch a simple white candle.

Ravacholle Lifestyle Blog | Wreath and Advent Calendar Christmas tree decorations 2014

Last but not the least, two DIY's that I absolutely love and I'm proud of.

This natural wreath is awesome as it ticked lots of simple living and minimalist activities I wanted to do. Apart from the ribbon and the rope used to making it hold its shape everything is compostable! Actually the rope is compostable now that I think of it! It's not made out of plastic. Nothing to store until next year. Nothing to throw away. Bonus is that I got creative, went for a lovely outing with the boyfriend, moved my body and had a bit of fresh air. Definitely something we never do enough in December.

The advent calendar is filled with activities to do together to enjoy the festive season. I used leftover red paper from crafts and added a red tree topper that I got from Ikea a few years back. It's made out of felt and I like that it's totally flat: easy to store and use on this project. As of right now we didn't follow exactly the activities to the letter in order to avoid any extra pressure but I'm glad we managed to do the ones that I preferred.

Related posts
Christmas Party
Festive touches
Minimal Christmas
Copyright © Ravacholle
Design by Fearne