6 French Movies to Watch this Christmas

27 December 2014

Ravacholle Lifestyle Blog | 6 French Movies to Watch this Christmas, presents on top of a Mini Cooper car with a Christmas Wreath

Get into the holiday spirit by watching something a bit different this year...


Le Père Noël est une ordure

1982. To sum things up, a crazy night at the office.. Some say it's horrible, disgusting and rude. Others find it hilarious. I just laugh and enjoy watching some of my favourite actors turn upside down the SOS Distress refuge on Christmas Eve. Old but definitely a French Christmas classic.

Joyeux Noël

2005. A truce on Christmas Eve at the beginning of World War I. It was nice to see Dany Boon in this one. I only watched it a few weeks ago and I'm glad I did, especially as we commemorate the start of the war this year. A great lesson letting us hope that humanity will never get lost.

Les Bronzés font du ski

1979. An hilarious ski holiday makes, in my opinion, one of the best French comedies of all times. You won't forget the music either. This movie is just so fresh and funny, just writing about it makes me want to watch it right now as a matter of fact.
Ravacholle Lifestyle Blog | 6 French Movies to Watch this Christmas

L'enfant au grelot

1998. A baby is found in a basket. I really like Folimage short films and this one doesn't disappoint. A lovely Christmas tale to watch with the whole family.

Les tribulations d'une caissière

2011. Secret blogger by night, cashier by day. The love story is a bit weak but the adventures of this cashier at her work is very amusing. Not a must see on my list but still a good crappy movie for anyone who hasn't seen it already.

A la maison pour Noël

2011. We get it. She's a lawyer. She works hard. She doesn't have time for her family, bla bla bla. But Virginie Efira in this movie made for television? YES! I laughed and smiled and admired Efira in this lovely French Christmas nightmare. Will always try to watch it when it's on!

Related posts
Christmas in Chicago
Minimal Christmas
Activities ideas for your Advent Calendar
Copyright © Ravacholle
Design by Fearne