Love the little things #3

12 December 2014

Little Loves 3

I am joining in again for the third time with But Why Mummy Why to share the highlights of my week. Three weeks of blogging already??

Read

I have like 20 pages left on Girl on the runIt seems that I'm not into running anymore this month. I am too preoccupied with work and studying to properly schedule either runs or reads. I started A Christmas Carol and it's not as difficult to understand as I thought it would be. I am a very disorganized reader this week but it doesn't really matter.

Watched

I only managed to watch Revenge again. Definitely a crazy crazy show!

And I almost forgot I saw Joyeux Noël (activity on my Advent Calendar!). It was really beautiful. I thought it was great to see it now as I am totally interested in the WWI commemorations. I saw Kate, Harry and William who visited my hometown to commemorate the start of the war this summer and went to see a very extraordinary exhibition last month in Liège. I was really into it and spent 4 hours looking at the different objects, reading the descriptions and explanations and listening to the audio guide. I am sucker for museums and interesting exhibitions!

I also wanted to see the last Homeland but I couldn't get around to it due to busy week schedule.

Heard

I didn't hear anything this week except the really bad news on the radio. Won't go into details but really horrible things happen in this world and it does scare me a lot! Also heard our Grandmother Queen died this week and will be buried today. 

Wore

I am totally boring in this category. Wore the same old clothes with sometimes (hidden) holes in them. But I wore my new organic cotton pjs from People Tree that I love! They're dark blue with little white stars on them.

The new Primark opened its doors this week in Brussels and I feel the need to shout 'Please! Don't go there!!' When I think about my work and the fact that sometimes I am a bit angry because I do extra hours without getting paid or other things like that that are not that bad but still add up, I then think of those people who work in the worst conditions to make those clothes that we buy on the cheap. I can't even realize actually. Anyway I was never a big clothes shopper. I'm not really into fashion and I am more of a home deco addict. Since I realized I should care more about the people who make my clothes I haven't been into a clothing store!! My brain just froze and it seems that I'm not interested anymore. I try to buy a nice piece at a time from ethical brands so this explain why my wardrobe is so boring at the moment.

Made

I decorated the tree!! Then we ate a raclette. Then we watched Joyeux Noël.

I also had a compulsory medical exam at work and I had the opportunity to get my tetanus vaccine. Well, it didn't go as good as the idea of getting the vaccine for free and immediately sounded. I had a bad reaction somehow: it hurt like hell in my arm for two days. I couldn't sleep properly and woke up completely aching. I felt completely stuck in my own body and exhausted.


And lastly...

I am still digging the chocolate and it's bad bad bad. I have no motivation to stop.

I love my very simple tree decorations and my Russian dolls are awesome. I am not religious whatsoever but we do celebrate the birth of Jesus right?? so I wanted to have my own little Nativity. I love that I won't waste space trying to store the set.

I had a very quick lunch with friends and we ended up eating at the Coffee Company where I had a Freezycino. It is a mixed iced latte with double vanilla ice cream! Rather scandalous but it was delicious!

To all my dear friends reading! And the others... How was your week?? 

butwhymummywhy
Copyright © Ravacholle
Design by Fearne