Love the little things #4

19 December 2014

Little loves 4
I am joining in again for the fourth time with But Why Mummy Why to share this J-5! Christmas edition of the things that happened (or should I say made happen?) this week!

Last week was awesome as I had lots of readers commenting on my little loves. If you drop by again today, know that I appreciated all your very kind and encouraging comments. This linky thing is just awesome.

I hope you won't have an attack looking at my busy photo collage. I loved all the little elements and the stars are the perfect touch to end the festive week I had going on on the blog.

Read

I am finally done with Girl on the run. It was getting so boring! Luckily the aftermath was only two pages. I quite liked that: a quick ending. I am moving slowly through A Christmas Carol. I enjoy it so far. I plan on watching Scrooge when I'm done.

Also I was totally behind in my textbooks. I have been helped by a friend who is just a pure motivational guru. I am so thankful to have wonderful friends who are there for me when I'm stuck. If you read this please know that I love you all! You know who you are xo xo... - haha just kidding on the last part! (hope you got my joke!)

Finally, I read articles on the interwebs! Here are some of my favourites:
(please don't judge my taste in blogs...)

  • Laura on being a mama! I love her little updates. Well, I love her blog.
  • A DIY Rudolph. So great! I want to do the same. I actually want to move to her house. And live her life (so many travels!!)
  • Feeling 25. I am already 26 but aspire to feel like her very soon. I'm on my way.

Watched

I saw Homeland finally. It's so thrilling, I adore this season! I keep watching it in constant horror but it is that good!

I watched some vlogs from Glasgow Mummy. I found the "Get ready with me" so amusing. I love Sarah's accent too! It's really great and I wish I could do vlogs as well but I would be so self-conscious and my accent would be so so so bad.

Heard

I listened to Serial (talked about it here) again after a short break when I was running last Saturday! The sound quality is excellent and it made my run go like a breeze! Seriously, I ran approx. 6k and it felt like I wasn't even exercising! And it was nearly a month since my last run. I set myself the goal to run 50k from the 1st of October to the 31st of December and I have already done 34,7k. Less than 10 days left and 15,3k to go... Hope I'll make it!

Wore

I changed things up this week, behold! I finally dropped the pj's to get into my orange pants! Haha -seriously I should have my own fashion magazine!

I only have three pairs of pants appropriate for the cold weather and I alternate with three or four dresses - it depends of the occasion. I can mix things up a little with my tops so I'm not that poor in clothes but still you could say I have a very very minimalist wardrobe. All my summer gear - probably the same number of items as in my winter wardrobe - is packed away in a box to take up less space in my dresser.

I find my orange pants very comfy and durable and the only thing that bothers me about them is the color. I am trying to build a smarter wardrobe and orange doesn't fit in my color scheme so I want to dye the pants black. I have been saying this for what seems like forever but I actually have to get on with it: I already have the dye!

I also wore my pantsuit from Seamly.co at the little Christmas get-together I threw on Sunday. I received lots of compliments on it. As usual really! The pants are just fabulous! I also painted my nails in Jump in my jumpsuit to match the tree haha.

Made

I made a simple and environment friendly wreath to hang on my front door! It was a success for a first time as I didn't have a clue of how to do it.

I baked two goodies for the Christmas party: cookies and brioche. I had no time to take a picture though!

And lastly...

As I said I threw a little Christmas party and it went so well! It was absolutely brilliant and it definitely made my week I think! Having friends over and share the love is the greatest thing to make you feel awesome and happy. In my book at least.

On the other side, things at work got hectic with changes in my shifts. I'm happy I'm not the one sick but still quite annoying when I try to plan some study time in-between. My mood had some highs and lows that's for sure.

So dear friends who can't comment, please try again and tell me what was your favourite meal of the week! And to my linky readers, I'm looking forward to read all your #littleloves!

butwhymummywhy

Copyright © Ravacholle
Design by Fearne