Running | A #20KTraining update

19 April 2015

Hello mates! I hope you have been enjoying the sun as much as I did last week. Taking a break from the Internet and the blogging world feels very good once in a while.

But don't be sad anymore, I'm getting your much needed Ravacholle fix back on your screens with my fourth training update. As you remember from my first post, I'm training for the Brussels 20KM that will take place in roughly a month. I already wrote two updates about my training plan: parts two and three.

Running Info

WEEK SIX

  • Monday - 2,66K run in 16 min
  • Tuesday
  • Wednesday
  • Thursday
  • Friday
  • Saturday
  • Sunday - 7K run in 45 min
Total = 9,66K

WEEK SEVEN

  • Monday 
  • Tuesday
  • Wednesday
  • Thursday - 6,40K run in 40 min
  • Friday - nice light walk in the sun
  • Saturday
  • Sunday - 11K run in 1h12
Total = 17,40K

WEEK EIGHT

  • Monday
  • Tuesday - 5,54K run in 33 min
  • Wednesday
  • Thursday
  • Friday
  • Saturday
  • Sunday - 5,81K run in 38 min
Total = 11,35K

Running in the Cinquantenaire Park

The highlights of my training have been: running with friends, running in the countryside, going the distance (11K), discovering Aquarius and meeting people on the running track near my place. I especially LOVE the Cinquantenaire Park in Brussels. It's a lovely park with a free access running track and a playground for grown-ups!

Playground for grown-ups

Even with my 11K record, I'm still quite far away from my goal. I'm also a bit disappointed for not running more than twice a week on average. My plan for the next weeks is to increase my number of workouts and do more cross training in between runs. It's only 6 weeks to go!

READ PART ONE  | TWO  | THREE 

Follow my #20KTRAINING on Instagram and don't hesitate to share your training plans with me either there or on the blog! I'm  a sucker for charts and logging my workouts on the Nike+ app!
Copyright © Ravacholle
Design by Fearne