Hard times, a new coat and some quiet time #littleloves

17 February 2018


Oops, I missed a week. It had started well: I was feeling rather good thanks to the marvelous weekend I had just spent. The sun was out, I tried out a new yoga class and I baked some cookies. However, the working week came and went leaving me exhausted and confused.
At the weekend, we went to see some friends at Liège. We stayed at their flat, played with their cat and even went for a run the four of us on Sunday morning. Going to see them was a long drive (2 hours – don’t judge) so we split the journey and stayed the Friday night at my BFF’s place in Brussels. We played board games and had a chat, it was lovely.
The past week at work was a bit better than the last but I still didn’t find the time to blog. Here are the little things that made me happy these past couples of weeks..

READ

I finally finished reading the latest book of the Shopaholic series by Sophie Kinsella. I’m glad I read it as I was so excited about it but, to be honest, it wasn’t really good or even very funny… I did some reading in bed on a Sunday afternoon and the cat was all curled up at my feet, it was so sweet.

WATCHED

I saw the last episodes of Grace & Frankie and even made it to the cinema! We went to see the latest Woody Allen movie in which Kate Winslet plays a desperate actress. I love Allen’s depressed and complex characters: they’re always on the verge of bettering their lives but failing miserably at the end… Kate Winslet was just stunning, I love her!

HEARD

The usual.. the radio and my favourite podcasts.

MADE

I baked some cookies over the weekend. I took some photos and did a bit of styling so I could share the recipe on the blog. I’m pretty happy with the results! And the cookies were delicious as always. I even brought a few to snack on at work.
I also made it to two yoga classes. I tried it on a Saturday and then went again on Friday early morning. It felt so good to take care of my body and it made me realise how tense I am. It will help me become more flexible and calmer if I keep going which I should.

WORE

My new parka! I found it in the sale and thought, why not? I also need to build a wardrobe as I’m the worst at buying clothes and fashion in general… I wear it everyday as it’s cold. The zipped pockets and hood are super handy so I’m happy I found it!

AND LASTLY…

Things at work have been very stressful lately and my weekends don’t always feel like retreats. I made sure to enjoy my free time but it has been a bit hard to keep it cool. I enjoyed seeing my friends, trying out a new class and going for a walk around town. I hope you had a lovely week, happy weekend to you all!

Post a Comment

Leave a comment

Copyright © Ravacholle
Design by Fearne