FEELING BETTER, NEW BEDDING AND A PRINCESS #LITTLELOVES

2 March 2018


Things at work finally settled down for now. We had a talk about something I had done and it made everything a bit better for me even though I didn’t come out of the argument as the “winner”… I’ve had a rough couple of weeks but the main thing is that now I’m feeling better about it all and I’m ready to appreciate the little things again!
Grab a cuppa and join me as I reflect on this week’s little loves.

READ

I started to read A Little Princess by Frances H. Burnett. It is so good! I had never read it before but I’ve seen the 1995 movie adaptation. I loved the movie so much as a kid! I’m only a few chapters in and I think I already know how it goes but I can’t help but feel like a child again. It feels so comforting to read this novel as all the memories of me aged 10, hiding books under my duvet at night, keep coming back to me. I kind of see me as a child and I still remember the exact thoughts I had when I was going through The Secret Garden or Oliver Twist… Everything I read was so fascinating. Oh to be a child!

WATCHED

One morning, I woke up super early and couldn’t stay in bed anymore. You’d think I would take this opportunity to do some work but no, I watched the beginning of the French film Victoria. I had seen it at the cinema when it was released and I had loved it so much! Victoria is a criminal lawyer, a mother of two little girls and a serial dater. The movie starts with her attending a wedding; During the evening, one of her friends is accused of having stabbed his girlfriend and he asks Victoria to defend him in court. It marks the start of a series of unfortunate events… Watch it if you like flawed heroines and a little bit of romance…

HEARD

I’ve listened to Minor Fantasy, a piano piece composed by Chilly Gonzales, on repeat. I’m always obsessed when I find a song I love and listen to it multiple times in a row. This song was featured on the soundtrack of Victoria, so that’s probably a big reason why I love it so much at the moment.

MADE

Something really exciting happened in the last couple of weeks. I made my bed. We changed everything from the mattress to the pillows and the duvet so I wanted to have some new bedding. I found those flowery sheets and covers at Zara Home – on sale! It brightens the whole room and makes me long for spring so much… I can’t tell you how happy it makes me, and the bf as well, to go to sleep in our “new” bed!

AND LASTLY…

The bf and I try to enjoy our weekends as much as we can. We went for a 10 km walk last Sunday which was fantastic. The weather was lovely: sunny and cold. We visited the countryside and saw the ducks, ate a delicious soup and met our family. It was a perfect and well-spent Sunday afternoon.
 
Since I’ve had a few rough times at work, I approached things differently and I’m happy with the results. I now try to arrive at the office an hour early and to completely ban anything work-related in the evenings when I’m at home. I’m so much more focused when I arrive before everyone else. I get more done, my mind is sharper and I don’t feel guilty when leaving the office on time. I intend to keep doing this as much as I can… wich me luck!
Swimming and yoga classes are still part of my weekly workout routines as well as sweets and cakes. I don’t worry too much about food right now as long as I’m moving my body around… I’ll see if it becomes too much later… I know I should fit in more workouts during the week though, it really helps to keep my stress levels down.
I loved the colourful donuts we bought on our last trip to Lille last Saturday afternoon. I love little treats that are full of sugar…
Have a lovely week LittleLoves crew!

Post a Comment

Leave a comment

Copyright © Ravacholle
Design by Fearne