Gravlax, Churchill and talking about breakfast all the time #littleloves

4 February 2018


It really has made a difference for me to focus on the positive at the end of each week. Doing this weekly reviewing helps me gets some perspective and appreciate the little things I would simply forget if I was still wrapped in my daily routine.
Last week was rough but now that I recall, I had fun with my family, ate sushi on Saturday night with my sister and her boyfriend, drank a John Wayne coffee at my local café, played with my cat, figured out stuff at work… It has been good after all.
Grab a cuppa and join me in this week’s little loves.

READ

I read this article over on The Pool titled “Following your dream career path is hard and lonely work – but that’s no bad thing“. As I struggle a bit in my new job sometimes, I was intrigued. However, I couldn’t help but have mixed feeling about this article. It’s a good thing I guess. I’m just super tired of always reading or hearing writers or speakers on the radio value freelancers and entrepreneurs because they are the only ones following their dream career path. I’m annoyed because even if I understand how scary and very stressful how being your own boss is, being an employee shouldn’t be regarded as the opposite of dream career choice. Being an employee has its advantages (security and good working hours) but it can also be hard, lonely and a dream career someone has chosen for themselves. I just wish the media would just stop valorizing one position over the other.

WATCHED

Grace & Frankie are back. Thanks to Morgana, I caught up on the news the show was back on. I love it because, well, the Hamptons! I would love to go one day. I love the fashion, the interiors, the colours. Most of all, the friendship between the two main characters is so fun and it makes me less afraid of becoming older…

HEARD

My usual podcast Tendances Première. I’m obsessed at the moment… I listened to an episode where they were discussing the Ikea business model. It was really interesting to hear how and why Ikea has become so huge. By selling us “happiness in a kit”, it imposes its scandic taste and makes our homes look the same. Also, I didn’t know about this but people actually have their first dates at Ikea stores!! Ikea takes such a big place in our lives I guess…
I heard some good news over coffee! I might get invited to another wedding soon…

MADE

I had to work last weekend but I made some time for me on Friday night and Saturday morning. We enjoyed my new favourite drink, Churchill’s gin and tonic and ate homemade burgers and chips for dinner. The gin was created by two cigar lovers so it tastes mixed tobacco and vanilla. I just love this drink!
 On Saturday morning, I cooked some exquisite scrambled eggs – the secret is butter.  I had them with the last remnants of the gravlax I made over the Christmas period. Hmmm… I need to buy another salmon filet and make some more! Breakfast is definitely my favourite meal of the day. I also love brunching. Well, I surely love to talk about food…

WORE

My swimming costume. On Tuesday night, I finally made it to the pool and swam for a good 30 minutes out of anger. Even if I had missed my friend (I got called back by my boss when I was leaving to meet her at the pool), it felt good to let go of the frustration I had accumulated during the day in the water.

AND LASTLY…

The weekend ahead looks promising: a new yoga class, baking cookies, live jazz and maybe a little morning jog! I’m trying to insert new routines in my life and take better care of my body… Also, I need to finish my book and start a new one, make the house look shiny and get some fresh air. Have a lovely week #Littleloves crew!

Post a Comment

Leave a comment

Copyright © Ravacholle
Design by Fearne