My favourite cookie recipe

7 February 2018



Over the weekend, I made sure I was doing anything but work-related stuff. I love to get creative and do things with my hands, go out and walk around town or just read a book under the duvet. I did all those things last Sunday – yay me! I figured I’d bake something I could eat all week, so I made a batch of my favourite cookies recipe and recorded it all on camera to share it with you on the blog.

NIGELLA’S COOKIES RECIPE

I can’t remember when and where I found this recipe but all I know it was on someone else’s blog and that it was a recipe from the kitchen goddess, Nigella Lawson.

INGREDIENTS

  • 150 grams soft unsalted butter
  • 125 grams soft light brown sugar
  • 100 grams caster sugar
  • 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract (sometimes, I don’t have anymore vanilla extract so I just add one or two spoons of peanut butter…)
  • 1 egg (fridge-cold)
  • 1 egg yolk (fridge-cold)
  • 300 grams flour
  • ½ teaspoon bicarbonate of soda
  • 1 x 326 grams packet milk chocolate morsels or chips (I often add less chips as I find that 326 grams is quite a lot! – do as you like!)

METHOD

  • Preheat the oven to 170-200°C. Line a baking sheet with baking parchment.
  • Melt the butter and let it cool a bit. Put the brown and white sugars into a bowl, pour the slightly cooled, melted butter over them and beat together.
  • Beat in the vanilla, the cold egg and cold egg yolk until your mixture is light and creamy.
  • Slowly mix in the flour and bicarb until just blended, then fold in the chocolate chips.
  • Roll little balls in the palm of your hads and drop them onto the prepared baking sheet, plopping the cookies down about 8cm apart. You can keep the bowl of cookie dough in the fridge as you will probably need to cook two batches. There is also the possibility of freezing a roll of dough (that you just roll with the baking parchment) so that you can use it later when friends pop over and you have nothing in the cupboard to serve tea.
  • Bake for 15–17 minutes in the preheated oven, or until the edges are lightly toasted. Cool on the baking sheet for 5 minutes before transferring to wire racks.
There you have it, quick and easy but, most of all delicious. Enjoy with tea or coffee. Dunk them in a glass of milk if you’re into that. I swear, those cookies are exquisite. I always get many compliments when I bring those cookies as a hostess gift.
I had so much fun baking and photographing this recipe last Sunday. It took me a while but I’m pleased to have upped my game in the photo department. I’m still using my iphone as I don’t have anything else yet…. but I’m impressed at what you can do when you try hard. I hope you enjoyed this post and that my photos will make you try Nigella’s recipe! Those cookies are that good!

Post a Comment

Leave a comment

Copyright © Ravacholle
Design by Fearne