NEW YEAR, BACK TO WORK AND MAKING PLANS #LITTLELOVES

5 January 2018


Here’s my first post of 2018. Nothing really happened last year on the blog as I was busy applying to jobs, starting new ones and quitting others… As I shared in my stories on Instagram, I made a promise to myself that, this year, I would be more regular at blogging and I would finally buy that camera I had been eyeing for so long! That’s why, in 2018, I’ll join (again*) Morgana and the #LittleLoves crew in the weekly linky she hosts on her blog, Coffee Work Sleep Repeat.
* I shared a few #Little Loves back in 2014 when I started my blog which was called Ravacholle. I was such in a bad place at the time, I couldn’t see enough of the bright side of life to keep up. 
Let’s get to it.

READ

This starts well as I didn’t read much those past few days except for drinks menus while I was in Paris. We had the loveliest cocktails at Café Laurent, a jazz bar the bf and I went into to celebrate our achievements of 2017. I had a sidecar and the bf ordered an old fashioned. We loved seeing the barman prepare the mixes right in front of us! The next day, we enjoyed our free drinks at our hotel. I had the rosemary gin and I loved how fresh it made it taste.

WATCHED

We saw many Christmas movies while we were away from work: Love Actually, Jingle All The Way, Deck the halls, Miracle on 34th Street, Grinch, Beethoven, The Muppets, You’ve got mail, The Beauty and the Beast movie … We started watching The Crown and continued this week. It’s such a beautiful set with wonderful costumes. I needed something to satisfy my Downtown Abbey cravings and this does a fabulous job!

HEARD

Usually, I listen to podcasts in the car on my drive to work. This week, I just enjoyed listening to the hit songs that blasted on the radio. While we were in Paris, I’ve listened to the band playing beautiful jazz at Café Laurent where we went for drinks. It was magical, I’ve enjoyed the night so much! You can read more of our Paris adventures here.

MADE

The bf and I DIYed a few Christmas cards that we sent to a few friends and some family. I had shared a few crafts I wanted to do lately and I can now tick one off my list.
I went back to work on Tuesday – yay for a short week! The new year was a good excuse to swap the furniture around in my office. All my colleagues approved the new layout and it felt good to open the door the next mornings… I hope the feeling will last longer than a few days!

WORE

I wore my black polka dots shirt on my first day back at work. Ioved how good wearing it made me feel. I had been wearing it the wrong way right from the start and I finally got the hang of it – I needed to button up the shirt to the top!
I also wore Tanya Burr’ “Season to Sparkle” day palette. It contains a light sparkly pink eye cream pencil, three sparkly eye shadows that I love, a liquid illuminator and a nude lip gloss. Everything is absolutely brillant for the price except the gloss which doesn’t stay on the lips very long and whose colour is not one I would have chosen.. It’s a bit childish but I love the packaging! It’s a no-brainer to apply in the morning and it feels a bit like opening a present every day!

AND LASTLY…

We had the loveliest time on New Year’s Eve, eating seafood and watching the fireworks.
New Year, same me. As I reflected on 2017, I’ve declared 2018 the year of simple joys! No big life altering plans, just living the best life we can afford right now and settling into our works and routines at home. It feels good not to have a life-determining agenda. It will also make me focus on what really counts after all, my family and friends.
Now, it’s that time to sit back, enjoy the weekend and burn that super expensive Christmas gift I’ve got… #goingupinsmoke
Happy New Year to all!

Post a Comment

Leave a comment

Copyright © Ravacholle
Design by Fearne