Kintting, Baking and a red coat #littleloves

12 January 2018



It has been an interesting week. I tried to be more organized and relaxed but it didn’t end up the way I wanted. Baby steps. I got two exciting new cases at work –  yay! – but didn’t manage to do as much as I wanted as I have been distracted by other things I needed to do for the office. I saw four of my friends last week: Julie on Monday, Louise on Tuesday, Anso on Saturday, Tuesday and Thursday and Marou on Thursday as well. We met for coffee, board games, and dinners… It was just a bit much, I’m happy today is the last day of the week. I needed an evening at home lofted on my sofa watching tv. Overall, I had a good week and feel pretty happy I remained positive throughout some of the stressful days I had at work.

READ

My bedside table hosts the latest book of the Shopaholic series. I started it before Christmas and am still reading a few pages every other night – I try to make it last longer! I wouldn’t say it’s the best book I’ve read but Becky makes me smile a lot despite the fact that her adventures are completely unrelatable and far-fetched. The characters often lack depth but still, I very much enjoy reading what Becky Brandon née Bloomwood is up to!

WATCHED

I have been enjoying watching The Crown with the bf but we’re a bit slow: we’ve only watched episode 4 on Wednesday. I have been busy with work and I saw a couple of friends during the week so I haven’t had the time to sit down and watch more than half an episode at night! I did start Doctor Foster while I was ironing our clothes and I can’t wait to see the next episode tonight…

HEARD

I’ve listened to a recommendation I read on a #littleloves post over at Mum Reinvented. I enjoy listening to podcasts in the car so I gave Hashtag Authentic a try! It felt good to start listening to something else! My plans for 2018 is to put more effort into my blog and try to take better photos so I enjoyed listening to Sara’s tips and recommendations.

MADE

I baked for a few hours on Sunday afternoon. On my Christmas break, I thought about what I needed to change in my habits to be more present and less stressed during the week. I often come home late in the evenings so the bf cooks and does the dishes a lot. I’m always too exhausted to do anything so I thought I should start doing some batch cooking on the weekends. I baked bread and a brownie for dessert. I prepared spinach and ricotta canelloni, a veggie quiche and a hachis parmentier. We had some leftovers for lunch and didn’t need to spend hours in the kitchen cleaning all the pots and pants. I’ll definitely repeat the process next week!

WORE

I was waiting the January sales with excitement as I had my eye on a red coat I had tried on at Zara. I nearly bought it before Christmas but ended up waiting for it to be discounted. It was marked down from 99€ to 69€, not exactly what you call a bargain but still. I wear it with confidence as it brightens my grey, navy and black wardrobe a lot. I also got two new pairs of black shoes. I had seen a woman wearing black rain boots when we were in Paris so when I spotted a pair on sale in the shop I grabbed it and ran to the checkout…

AND LASTLY…

I went back to my knitting club on Saturday morning. I’ve started going last autumn and at first, I was a bit shy. I don’t knit a lot during the week so I make most of my progress at the meetings. The group consists of older women, pretty much all of them are already grandmothers. I miss seeing and talking to my grandmother so it’s been very lovely to spend some time with older and wiser women. I don’t know much about them but love hearing them tell their stories and anecdotes. I also appreciate their confidence a lot. Mostly, I am grateful they teach me their tricks and help me with my needlework. As I’m a beginner they laugh at my mistakes a lot!
I hope you’ve had a fabulous week and am looking forward discovering new blogs through the #LittleLoves linky hosted by Morgana over at Coffee Work Sleep Repeat!

Post a Comment

Leave a comment

Copyright © Ravacholle
Design by Fearne