Travel | 8 years ago today, I was... on the Ragamuffin

9 May 2015

… on the Ragamuffin in Shute Harbour!
Our diary entry dated 09.05.07:

Dear Diary,

Today, we could get up at 6.30 which is very good for us!

We can call that sleep in! Lol. Then, we got ready to be all in the bus at 8 o’clock. Everybody was so excited to go on board and to do some snorkeling or scuba diving.

Unfortunately, it was raining! We all got on board, put our bags downstairs, removed our thongs and found a place upstairs to see the beautiful sights. We stayed about 2 hours on board before arriving on the island. We received our necessary equipment to go under the water. Personally, I didn’t go scuba diving but I can say that it was awesome! The fish were magnificent, so many different colors! And I even saw Nemo and Dorys! I think everybody loved it. After that, we had lunch on board. It was great because the sun shined and most of the girls were lying sunbathing.
The way to go down the island was really quiet compared to our way back. The boat moved a lot and we had to hang on to something otherwise you could fall in the sea. Some got wet because they were in the wrong side. And there was a lot of cloud in the sky.. I thought that we would have a storm but fortunately it just rained. It was so funny because we put a yellow jacket on. We looked so stupid! Anyway… it was good fun! And nobody got seasick. That’s really a good thing! I was so scared to vomit or feel bad…
I think everybody had a great day. We took lots of pictures. We came back at the caravan park at about 5 o’clock. Some went to the pool, some went straight to take a shower, others did some washing…

At 7 o’clock, we had our « fake «  rotary meeting. Another good moment to share together. It was pretty funny.

After this long day, we were exhausted and went to bed. I bet tonight nobody will talk till late at night. We will fall asleep quickly.

But we have to take the most of it. Really enjoy this night in our tent because it’s our last one! yeah!!

We will finally have a good confortable, dry, nice, big bed! Lol.

I’m joking, camping wasn’t that bad. I was a bit scared before the Safari because of that (caping, went, wet…) but I survived! It was for me a new experience. Now, I’m a bit sad because, it’s really the end of this trip… We really have to take the most of the days left… I’m looking forward to tomorrow and discover another area again and see the beautiful sceneries of Australia.

By Vanessa Pire

Copyright © Ravacholle
Design by Fearne