Travel | 8 years ago today, I was... in Great Keppel Island

11 May 2015

… still in Great Keppel Island!
Our diary entry dated 11.05.07:

Dear diary,

What a great day it was. We got up at around 7 o’clock! A beautiful blue sky, sunshine… just like a dream! It was a very special day for me, because it was my 17th birthday! We had the usual (very nice) brekkie, everyone seemed happy and I even got a « happy birthday » song! After that, we had free time where we could go to the beach, have a look at the shops or just stay at the bunkhouses! It was a nice still morning!
At 12:15, we could go boom netting! We got on the boat, went out a bit and then the first guys could go in and try it out! It was so funny and I think everyone enjoyed it! After that we had free time again, till lunch… We had burgers…Hmmmm and in the afternoon, we had free time again!

It was great! We could just do whatever we wanted to… Unfortunately the weather changed and it started to rain, not very heavy, but it still was a pain in the ass!

At 6:30 dinner was on… It was so nice, when I got there, balloons were hanged up glitter stars were all over the tables and it just looked so pretty. Marie and I had a reserved seat, whammed everything a little more special! We got our meals, that were very nice and after that we (Marie and I) got asked to go to our lovely birthday cake! It was so nice with all the candles and everyone sang Happy Birthday! You feel so special… Everyone took pictures, everyone was smiling, happy!

We opened our lovely gifts and the cards, it was so nice! Also, Clemens, Lasse, Mesi and Eva said a few thank you! After that we started the music, had drinks (non alcoholics of course) and chips and just lots of un! Even tho we were allowed to stay up until 12 (no 10 o’clock silent) a heaps went to bed at 9 and 10! Even Marie couldn’t wait until 12 so we couldn’t give her he pressies then!

I think it was the best day on the whole safari! Not because it was my birthday (I mean maybe that as well….) but because we could do what we wanted, we could have a swim, walk around whenever or just RELAX =)

It was a very special birthday that I will never forget and neither I will forget the Safari!! It’s great to meet so many new people from all over the world! These definitely were the best 3 weeks in Australia! thank you everyone for making it such a great time!

LOTS OF LOVE AND ALL THE BEST! GOD BLESS

TANJA <3


Copyright © Ravacholle
Design by Fearne