Things I am loving lately

13 November 2017


autumn fall favorites boots scarf bodum travel coffee mug s-town podcast spa sanctuary beauty sleep face mask fired earth candle cedar


Autumn is my favourite season of the year because I celebrate my birthday in October and I get to eat a lot of mushrooms…
Lately, I’ve been enjoying a few things I thought I would share with you.
But first, here’s a little update. It’s Sunday as I’m typing this. I spent all of yesterday at a work conference two hours away from home. I learned a lot but I was a bit sad to miss a day of my beloved weekend. Today started with a lovely breakfast that included homemade pancakes and orange/carrot juice. I put a few loads of laundry in the washing machine and I’m still in my pjs. Life is good. I got the camera out and tried to take a few good shots for this post but the result is not what I expected… I enjoyed it nonetheless and hope that I’ll become a better photographer with practice.
Fired Earth White Cedar candle
My current favourites include this beautiful candle from Fired Earth. I stopped buying cheap fragranced candles a few years ago and I now enjoy expensive scents from time to time. I don’t have much money to spend on luxurious candles but got this beauty  for a less than a tenner on my last trip to England last month. Autumn and winter are the best times to lit up candles and get cosy in front of a good film! Cedar is my favourite scent: it’s a comforting one that reminds me of my childhood when I spent rainy afternoons playing or reading in front of the fire at home…
Before I started my new job, I had big plans of transforming my wardrobe. Unfortunately, my career change cost me a lot as my income has halved. I still managed to buy a new pair of boots that are very versatile – I wear them with dresses and jeans – and got myself a new scarf from Zara. I love the lighter colour as my old one was too dark and made me look depressed…
Sanctuary Spa Beauty Sleep Mask
My skincare regime is pretty much nonexistent after long days in the office. I get very lazy when I get home and often my evening routine consists of cleasing and applying the Sanctuary Spa Reverse Beauty Sleep Face Mask. The next day, I wake up all fresh and bright! I got this at Boots a few years ago and swear it’s a miracle product: I keep purchasing it. It smells divine, has a very luxurious feel and is pretty cheap as well. Finally, it does what it says it does: it gives me a healthy glow in the morning!
S-Stown podcast
I travel a lot for work: going to court hearings, meetings and conferences. I would have photographed my new car (a pure delight) but I couldn’t fit it in my bathroom for this shoot 😉 Now that I can play my iphone on the car sound system via bluetooth, I’ve been listening to podcasts like crazy. My favourites include Young House Love and Cherry Healey but recently I listened to Dirty John and S-Town. Both were a bit weird and disappointing but I was hooked nonetheless.
Dirty John is about this lady who met a man (John) and got stucked into an abusive relationship. It’s based on an article written for the LA Times. I looked at the article for photos – I’m curious!  S-Town (or Shit-Town) was recorded by Brian Reed who got an email from a guy called John B Macklemore asking him to come and investigate his town of Woodstock, Alabama (that he refers to as Shit Town) as he thinks a son of a weathly family got away with murder. It was produced by the same guys who created the best podcast I ever listened to. If you haven’t listened to it yet, know that I’m very jealous of you!
Bodum Travel MugFinally, an other car-related favourite is my trusted Bodum Travel Mug. I got it on sale last summer after a friend had recommended it to me – thanks Julie! It keeps my tea or coffee hot for a few hours. Very handy when I’m out and about or when I get called in the meeting room right after I sit down at my desk… I always forget to bring my brew with me and I’m happy to report it’s still hot when I come back… Note that this mug isn’t fully sealed and it can leak if you put it upside down.
What are you current favourite items? Let me know!

Post a Comment

Leave a comment

Copyright © Ravacholle
Design by Fearne