Autumn update

30 October 2017


Things changed radically for me over the past few months: I landed myself a new job. Not only my dream job but one that allows me to practise my English skills! Overall 2017 has been really good for me. I expected so much for my career and I got what I thought I deserved. It is not all rainbows and butterflies everyday but it’s challenging enough to keep me satisfied. I had set up a plan: find a job during the first half of the year and concentrate on my creativity during the other half.
The year started with a photography course I attended for a month but I quickly found a position as a legal assistant. With a new routine to get used to, I let the blog down. By summertime, I had set up a new domaine and transfered my content from Blogger to WordPress. I even wrote a couple of posts but I was feeling rather uninspired and I seriously lacked energy. Looking back, my job wasn’t really making me happy. Right at the start of Autumn, I got a call from nowhere and I quit the day after I knew I was hired in a law firm.
I now work longer hours and feel I don’t have enough time anymore. I know it isn’t true and I’m aware I need to create a new routine. Blogging helps me do that so that’s why I managed to sit down and write a few words to help me get back on the blogging wagon.
At this point, I feel like the only thing I did this past year was working… The bf and I went on a few trips this year: Oxford, the New Forest and Versailles – I can’t believe I’ve been to England three times in 2017! We also updated a few rooms in the house and I joined a knitting club! Weird things happened as well: I stopped reading novels and I’m behind at keeping up with my favourite shows!
My next venture is to establish a healthy routine: finding balance between work and home time, get fit, keep the house clean and tidy, eat better, get back to blogging. I want to try doing one of those “I-get-up-at-5am-everyday week” post… We’ll see how it goes!

Post a Comment

Leave a comment

Copyright © Ravacholle
Design by Fearne