Creative Sundays

10 December 2017


Finally, a well deserved day off. It has been a long week at work so I truly enjoyed waking up to the snow falling gently on this cold day. I had a cup of coffee in front of the telly as I had many vlogmas videos to catch up on Youtube. Laundry couldn’t wait for Monday so I put a few loads in the wash.
My morning routine included a luxurious cold cream that made me look very sticky… I stayed in my pjs all day, wrapped my christmas gifts with red paper and thick ribbon, DIYed a few candles and did a bit of sewing.
I bought this Marimekko ‘kuusikossa’ fabric years ago – remember this post?! – and finally got around to sew some cushion covers with it. After having meticulously pinned everything, I took my time to iron and then assemble all the parts together.
Taking time to do a bit of DIY and crafts is so relaxing. I feel calm and all cozied up. I enjoyed using my sewing machine again – it had been a while. Since we moved to this house, I had completely abandonned it, discouraged by the amount of curtains I need to sew to fit all of our windows!
I scoured Pinterest as usual when I’m in a creative frenzy. It made me want to make all the things for next year. I have been really busy with my new job and everything but I plan on doing things in advance next year!
Here’s what I want to make next year:
  1. Earlier this autumn, I started to attend knitting classes. I’ve been a bit slow learning because of the working life but lately, my knits started to look decent. I love the idea of exchanging tiny gifts the night before Christmas as the Brits do. I found a pattern that look similar to those hanging stockings.
  2. I love baking but didn’t do much of it since we moved. I plan on trying this cake design with a caramel and peanut butter filling.
  3. I’ve always loved this idea for DIY Christmas cards!
  4. Knitting baby clothes is often what you learn first. Obvioulsy, as I don’t have one of those, I plan on knitting mini Santa’s clothes! Here’s a template to knit mini jumpers.
Find all of those ideas, photos credits and much more on my ‘merry’ Pinterest board!

Post a Comment

Leave a comment

Copyright © Ravacholle
Design by Fearne