Life update and a new blog

1 July 2017



Welcome to my new site! It’s been a while, hasn’t it? For those of you who don’t know anything, I used to be writing a blog called Ravacholle. I started it because I had been reading blogs for ages and was – still am – obsessed with them. From travel posts to weekends recaps, I enjoy reading about renovation stories and interior design. I’m in awe at beautiful photographs – probably because I’m really bad at it – and amazed by some writers’ creativity.
I know that in this day and age – when everyone and their mother writes a blog – I will absolutely not take your breath away with my content. But still. Since my last post was published – ages and ages ago  – I did not stop to think about blogging at all. So I figured I should keep going. I once read a quote that said: “If you can’t stop thinking about it, don’t stop working for it“. Inspiring, eh?
Since I’ve found a job – yay me! – I have finally bought my own domain, switched to WordPress and installed a cute but more professional looking theme. I’m still trying to get it to look as I want it. Bear with me as I’m still trying to get the hang of it. It hasn’t been easy as I was so used to Blogger… Many bloggers who made the switch never looked back and I have to agree with them: it’s so easy to use and there are also many more designing options with this platform.
If you wonder what the heck is “Clem en riz”, I’m going to tell you. Basically, it’s my nickname followed by my surname written phonically. In France my name and surname are so very common, I can’t even get a proper gmail address anymore! I also didn’t want my website to be easily associated with me. My day job has nothing to do with blogging, photography or social media which is why I’m not really keen on being too visible to employers or fellow colleagues.
Clem en riz is me – no more childish names like the one on my old site. I wanted to start fresh as I feel I’m changed. I’ve overcome many difficulties those past few years which I’m very proud of. I’m still working on some issues but overall, I feel like I’ve come through the other side. I don’t have to worry as much as I used to: I’ve implemented some strategies regarding my personal wellbeing and also cleared the tables and inspired new dynamics in my relationships. I feel liberated and don’t want to dwell on the past too much.
Welcome to my new online space for personal musings and ramblings… thanks for following along! I promised myself to produce better content, improve my photography skills and inject more creativity into my life in general so watch this space and happy reading!

Post a Comment

Leave a comment

Copyright © Ravacholle
Design by Fearne