Kitchen Details

16 July 2017


Home alone on a Sunday afternoon, rays of sunshine peeking through the freshly cleaned windows, that’s when you can fully appreciate the hard work put in the kitchen you stripped and rebuilt from scratch…
Lately, I’ve been buying a few bits and pieces to give the house a little bit more personality. I never really had a budget to buy accessories and I can’t tell you the number of times I left Zara Home or The White Company with tears – slightly exaggerating here but you get the picture! – because I couldn’t really afford to buy that cute little picture frame or that beautiful vase without compromising my budget…
It’s really hard to remember how the room was before. The walls were painted bright yellow and orange, the patterned brown tiles reminded us of poo, and if you added the fifth, the whole space was giving us the chills!
The dresser my parents received as a wedding present got a Farrow & Ball makeover, we installed new lighting – three very inexpensive pendants from Ikea – and built a basic kitchen island that also serves as a breakfast bar.
As you can see, Gaston’s always happy to model when there’s food involved…
There’s another side to that kitchen that I haven’t had the chance to photograph yet. I’m still busy accessorizing it for it to be photo ready… More on another post!
Dresser painted in Brinjal and Charleston Gray, Farrow & Ball
Vinyl flooring, St Maclou
Foto Pendants, Ikea
Croft Collection bar stools, John Lewis
Candle holders, Maisons du Monde
Island Ebacken worktop, Ikea
Mirror found in a charity shop, decorated with silver foil sheets

Post a Comment

Leave a comment

Copyright © Ravacholle
Design by Fearne