Home Stalking #4 | Queenslander, Brisbane

30 March 2015

Three weeks ago, I read the house where I first lived when I was an exchange student in Australia was destroyed by a fire. It was quite heartbreaking as I always thought the house could have been featured in magazines. It was a beautiful Queenslander, a type of house that you can find in the North East of Australia. This type of architecture is characterized by its simplicity of construction and its consideration for climat.

Of course, I won't share any personal photos of the property that was lost but I found this beautiful Queenslander on Desire to Inspire that was originally a listing on Real Estate.com.au. I particularly like how the different travelings souvenirs and aboriginal art give some warmth the house. Check the comments on the Desire to Inspire post because the owner gave details about the art collection and living in his home before the sale in 2012.

Queenslander Queenslander

Queenslander Queenslander Queenslander Queenslander Queenslander QUEENSLANDER Queenslander Queenslander Queenslander Queenslander
Copyright © Ravacholle
Design by Fearne