Tag | Liebster Award

9 June 2015

The sweet Australian blogger Rai Erin Rose tagged me for the Liebster Award a few weeks ago. As you might have read already, I have been nominated for similar awards back in March. The purpose of those tags is to get to know small and new bloggers by asking them to state facts about themselves or to answer a few questions.   

Rai tagged me along other bloggers and asked me 11 questions to which I replied below!

zqeg

Thank you for thinking of me Rai. You should check her out, lovely readers, because ONE she's Australian, TWO she likes books (like me and... quite a lot of people) and writes adorable articles about them and THREE she met J.O.

1. WHERE DO YOU WANT TO TRAVEL TO MOST?

Easy one! I badly want to go to Cuba! Actually there are many places I want to travel to but at the beginning of the year, I've decided that I should just focus on one destination at a time.

2. FIVE THINGS YOU CAN'T LEAVE HOME WITHOUT?

My phone, my keys, jacket/scarf, a book and something to eat+water.

3. WHO IS YOUR BIGGEST INSPIRATION?

It's too hard to answer this. Many people are my biggest inspiration. I wouldn't know where to start.. 

4. FAVOURITE BOOK? WHY?

I think my favourite book so far has to be The hundred and one dalmatians. I admit it's also a bit difficult for me to answer this question because truly I'm not really sure if this is really my favourite..  

Anyway, I truly fell in love with Dodie Smith's book because the story is very heartwarming. I deeply appreciated the importance of family, the feeling of being looked after. I felt like I was in a nice cosy place and it might be because the story brought back memories from my childhood. If I have kids someday, I really think I'll see my family like the one depicted in The hundred and one dalmatians.

ETA: I just finished Harriet the Spy yesterday and I'm lost for words... Maybe this is my favourite book? I was totally Harriet when I was 11!!

5. WHY DID YOU START BLOGGING?

I took the plunge because I felt I had always loved blogs and it was time to stop reading and start writing my own content. It feels like an outlet for creativity. I liked the aspect of planning posts and thinking about what to write. I'm not exactly good at it but I like my little space on the internet.

6. WHAT DO YOU LOVE BLOGGING ABOUT MOST?

Hmmm... I like to post travel recaps or books I have read. I am deep into my British Crushes even if I am really the only one. I do have a raging passion for strangers living across the Channel. I like to post lists of things I like/dislike/are going on in my life and doing little updates. Like a diary, yes.

7. HOW DO YOU GET MOTIVATED?

This one is a very bad question to ask me. I am the worst at being motivated. Or actually at STAYING motivated. I read inspiring books (young adult fiction or chick lit anyone?). I watch the wrong movies (the ones where I just think the woman hero is strong and powerful but actually I should just vomit on the scenario for depicting women as such). Mainly, the ending credits song get me motivated (when it doesn't get me crying all over the sofa).

8. FAVOURITE FOOD?

Nouilles sautées au poulet!!!! Chinese noodles with veggies and chicken sautés (something like that). BUT it is only delicious if it is cooked in Belgium. I have no idea where the Chinese people living in Belgium come from, but they are not from the same area as the Chinese living in Australia. Down Under, I tried to eat my favourite meal on earth but I never found it anywhere/hated it because it wasn't the same!

9. HOW WOULD YOU EXPLAIN YOUR STYLE?

Classic. I try to keep a minimal wardrobe with quality items that I try my best (but my budget doesn't allow me everything!) to buy from ethical sources. Pretty trendy right??? Haha. I love expensive clothes, simple, good design and rich and soft fabrics....

10. DO YOU HAVE TO READ THE BOOK THEN WATCH THE MOVIE? OR DOES IT NOT MATTER?

It depends of the books, of the time. I don't buy books when they come out. Often, the tentation is too big not to wait to find the book secondhand before watching it on screen. Watching the movie first never really bothered me because the book is always so much better and still keep some of its surprises.

11. FAVOURITE FICTIONAL CHARACTER?

I don't know... Becky Bloomwood?

Car via // Book via // Noodles via
Copyright © Ravacholle
Design by Fearne