Dawson's Creek Book Tag

29 August 2016

damson's creek pacey joey dawson jen capeside book tag ravacholle lifestyle blog The Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants Ann Brashares Fifty Shades of Grey E.L.James Bridget Jones' diary Helen Fielding The Help Kathryn Stockett The Girl on the Train Paula Hawkins The Secret Garden Frances H. Burnett The Hundred and One Dalmatians Dodie Smith Harry Potter J.K. RowlingI always meant to share my passion for Dawson's Creek on the blog but didn't know how. I own the complete series on DVD but I never attempted to watch it again because I'm afraid of being disappointed or finding my teenage dreams shattered. Well, I've decided to combine my love for Pacey Dawson's Creek and books into this tag because I can't write a post saying I've been watching DC again, can I?

Capeside

A book you loved reading as a teenager


I loved many books as a teen and from the top on my head, I'm thinking about The Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants by Ann Brashares. I always thought my summers were going to be full of adventures...  and I would have loved to be a part of this sisterhood and have a pair of jeans that suited me so well. Anything could happen when you were a teen on holiday! At least in the books... 

book tag ravacholle lifestyle blog dawson's creek capeside the longest day love triangle pacey joey dawson love true love The Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants Ann Brashares Fifty Shades of Grey E.L.James Bridget Jones' diary Helen Fielding The Help Kathryn Stockett The Girl on the Train Paula Hawkins The Secret Garden Frances H. Burnett The Hundred and One Dalmatians Dodie Smith Harry Potter J.K. Rowling

The Longest Day

A book that you read and read again

I have read Bridget Jones's diary by Helen Fielding multiple times. For starters, it's also a book I read when I was 15 so it holds a special place in my heart. I enjoy reading it every other year because I keep forgetting the details and because I like the diary style format. Also, Bridget is hilarious and uh, London.

By the way: best episode ever written. ever.

Spielberg

A book that you loved on screen

Atonement by Ian McEwan blew me away. The narrative was brillant - a child sees things she thinks she understand (but doesn't) and does something that utimately changes lives... I really liked the soundtrack and Kiera Knightley's beautiful emerald dress in the movie. Romola Garai is also one of my favourite actresses so it helps make the film good to me.

True Love

A book featuring a love triangle

The Great Gatsby by F. Scott Fitzgerald had me ... shed a few tears. The fact that Gatsby is genuinely in love with Daisy and is ready to take the blame for her is terribly romantic.

book tag dawson's creek i remember everything the anti-prom dawson pacey joey ravacholle lifestyle blog capsized true love The Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants Ann Brashares Fifty Shades of Grey E.L.James Bridget Jones' diary Helen Fielding The Help Kathryn Stockett The Girl on the Train Paula Hawkins The Secret Garden Frances H. Burnett The Hundred and One Dalmatians Dodie Smith Harry Potter J.K. Rowling

I remember everything

A book that moved you

I adored The Help by Kathryn Stockett! I cried and laughed while reading it. It was so beautiful. It also made me crave fried chicken. So many feelings!

Put your shirt on

A book that you regret having started

Fifty shades of Grey by E. L. James was the most boring book I ever started to read! I couldn't finish it and actually threw it in the bin because who could read such rubbish? I know I'm overdoing it a little bit here but really, it was insufferable to me. I absolutely hated Ana as I found she betrayed all women - no personality, no self-esteem, ...  should I really go on?

K-Mart

A book that kept you up all night

I couldn't put down The Girl on the Train by Paula Hawkins recently. Much like Gone Girl, I finished it in no time. The outcome was really good, I didn't see it coming. I had my moments where I just felt for Rachel, I could totally identify with her distress.

I remember when I was in primary school, spending all night reading the Secret Garden by Frances H. Burnett. It felt so dangerous because I was afraid my parents would tell I wasn't sleeping by seeing the light coming from under my bedroom door!

book tag ravacholle lifestyle blog pacey joey true love jumping off boat ocean dawn son's creek capeside The Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants Ann Brashares Fifty Shades of Grey E.L.James Bridget Jones' diary Helen Fielding The Help Kathryn Stockett The Girl on the Train Paula Hawkins The Secret Garden Frances H. Burnett The Hundred and One Dalmatians Dodie Smith Harry Potter J.K. Rowling


Season Three

A book that is your all-time favourite

This was is difficult because I really enjoyed The Hundred and One Dalmatians by Dodie Smith and also, you know, Harry Potter by J.K. Rowling. I will cut the pear in half and just admit my eternal love for children books.


That's it. I hope you liked this Pacey/Joey Dawson's Creek themed book tag. I enjoyed it so much - it makes me want to watch the whole show again. I'm still scared but I'm craving it very badly. Watch this and you'll understand why (grab a box of tissues first!) Also, isn't it funny all the books I've listed in this post were adapted into movies? It's a bit freaky...

Please feel free to do the tag yourself! Don't forget to credit me and let me know if you do it (twitter, instagram, drop me an email or leave me a comment below) because I'm curious to see your answers and it would certainly expand my very mainstream reading list!

Ravacholle Lifestyle Blog Dawnson's Creek Book Tag

Related posts:
Letters to my Fanny by Cherry Healey
A Tiny Bit Marvelous by Dawn French
2015 - A Year in Books

1 comment

  1. It's downloading time, The Girl On The Train Audio Book is available on AudioBooksNow.

    ReplyDelete

Leave a comment

Copyright © Ravacholle
Design by Fearne