Waiting for Christmas

5 December 2016

waiting for christmas, ursula blanket, cosy evening, essie nail polish, Peter's famous classic home boots, americana by Chimmanda Ngozi Adichie book, marks and spencer christmas room spray, london bus ornament, red baubles, fairy lights, the holiday, love actually, ecoya hand cream

Cosy evenings are always a must in my house and especially at Christmas time when it's just magical. We still haven't bought a tree yet but I have already pulled out all my Christmas boxes from the attic...

I spend my best evenings all curled up in my favourite knitted blanket from Ikea that I got for Christmas a few years ago. I sometimes sip a hot chocolate with mini marshmallows which is probably my favourite warming-up drink when I'm cold and tired. Also, I usually have a shower before movie night, so I'm all cozied up. I've been wearing my uggs as slippers since the last time I visited Australia - which was too long ago... They're the comfiest, most sturdy and warmest slippers on earth. I love my boots so much, I wear them in the summer months too... Winter nights are better now that we have a little kitty as Gaston loves to sleep on our laps and he's all cute and soft and warm...

I always forget to apply cream on my hands which is a shame because I could take better care of myself, if I'm honest. I had a soy candle from the same brand as the hand cream, Ecoya, and I definitely recommend them to you because they're a bit better for the environment and their scent is divine: it actually fills up the whole room I light them in. However, I never forget to put on a festive nail polish and the Essie ones are always my favourites. 

As Christmas wouldn't be Christmas without fairy lights or scented candles, I've already been spraying some Christmas cheer throughout the house. I bought that mandarine, clove and cinnamon room spray last year but you can still find it at M&S in a new packaging. 

If I'm not watching some festive classics, I'm found reading in bed. I have quite a pile of books to go through and I'm all set for the holiday season but I'm still guilty of having a massive book wishlist going on... At the moment, I'm reading Americanah that I borrowed from a friend. It's really different from what I usually go for but still has been a nice surprise. I'm a bit slow going through it as I'm usually too tired to read more than a few chapters at night but you could say I'm embracing the slow movement, which isn't always bad.

I didn't buy anything new to write this post, I just gathered a few things I already owned and that were bringing me joy. Of course, it's okay to treat yourself but at this frantic time that is Christmas, it's always good to remind yourself of the little things in life and appreciate what you already have. Enjoy!


If you enjoyed this post, you might like: Minimal Christmas

1 comment

Leave a comment

Copyright © Ravacholle
Design by Fearne