Bookish Wishlist

10 November 2016

books list, bookish wishlist, little women, making it up as i go along, i am pilgrim, shopaholic to the rescue, today will be different, becoming queen victoria, valley of the dolls, ravacholle lifestyle belgium based blog


Little Women by Louisa May Alcott | I read it as child and want to devour it again. I also need all the books Rifle Paper Co. designed. I am sure I would appreciate the novel better this time around as I am more grown up. I also want this book because I feel like it's a comfort novel I can read over the Christmas period sitting by the fire...

Making it up as I go along by Marian Keyes | This would be my first Marian's book ever if I can get my hands on one. I'm intrigued about all her funny observations about life. If you've seen my latest book review, you know I have been enjoying non-fiction books about being a woman in the 21st century lately...

I am Pilgrim by Terry Hayes | Jim Chapman recommended it in one of his videos so I shall try it. I'm joking only partially because 1. I love good thrillers and 2. this book has very good reviews everywhere I see it mentioned. Murder, mystery, fast-paced, 600+ pages. Good for rainy days, uh?

Valley of the Dolls by Jacqueline Susann | I only know about this one because I've read a review of it on The Pool. It's about girls who make their way up to the top only to find out that there's no place left to but to go down and it was published in 1966. I'm very curious about it and as I've said, I'm into feminist reads at the moment!

Today Will Be Different by Maria Semple | This novel is on my list because I enjoyed Semple's previous work, Where'd you go Bernadette. It also reminds me of A Tiny Bit Marvellous because it's about the hectic day in the life of a woman (called Eleanor Flood).

Becoming Queen Victoria by Kate Williams | I have a major crush on Pr. Kate Williams at the moment, be prepared for a post about it! I also dig ITV's new show, Victoria. Since last summer, I've been a bit obsessed with looking up history facts on Wikipedia. I've also been watching a few of victorian era inspired documentaries and shows (life in a victorian slum, victorian bakers...) so I wanted to get more specific and actually read a biography. I love Kate Williams ever since I've seen her on the BBC last summer so I chose her work to learn more about Victoria's early years as a queen. Also, Leopold everyone! First King of my country!

Shopaholic to the Rescue by Sophie Kinsella | I've been meaning to buy this for ages but never found it second hand yet. I might get it new or order it for Christmas because the Shopaholic series are my feel-good go-to books. I'm eager to know what crazy plan Becky Brandon (née Bloomwood) thought of to rescue her dad...

What's on your list?


If you like this post, you might like: Current to-read list

Find my book reviews and what I'm reading at the moment on Goodreads.

Post a Comment

Leave a comment

Copyright © Ravacholle
Design by Fearne