Current to-read pile

18 February 2016




This post will be totally boring for some and a bit interesting for others, I apologize in advance. It is a very practical and useful post for me, though.

I am trying to read through my entire library. You see, I bought books by the dozen when I visited second-hand bookstores last year and I got a few new ones at Christmas. Now, I have around 20 "new" books sitting on my shelves waiting to be (re)opened and (re)discovered - by me!

I have recently decided to be smart with my Goodreads account as I have a (very long) list of 246 books I want to read. A lot of those books I just wanted to keep trace of without really having the intention of reading them in a near future. I'm not even sure if I'll read them all.

Anyway. Up until now, when I picked up a book from my personal library, I scanned the barcode and added it to my "currently reading" list. Simple. Basic.

As of lately,  I put all of the books I want to read next in the "to-read" list and I rearranged them so they appear at the top. I made myself a promise to go through the beginning of the list (all the books I currently have sitting on a shelf) before buying or reading another book (except for bookclub purpose).

Here are the books I plan on reading first before buying new ones (in no particular order) :

  • The StrangerThe Drowning and The Hidden Child by Camilla Läckberg - I love the Fjällbacka series and the story of Patrick and Erika. I love crime and detective stories so those are part of my easy to read series at the moment - I want to read them all!
  • Revenge wears Prada: The Devil Returns by Lauren Weisberger - I'm not sure if I'll read the first book (The Devil wears Prada) again before reading this one. If you read this sequel already, what do you think? Also, I think I sold my copy of the first book...
  • Funny Girl by Nick Hornby - I read countless reviews of this book in magazines and newspapers so I was intrigued when I found a second-hand copy. 
  • A Tiny Bit Marvelous by Dawn French - Again, I read a few articles by Dawn French in Glamour magazine (lame haha) but I enjoy her column so why not? Did you like it?
  • The Fault in our Stars by John Green - I have mixed feelings about this one. I'm not sure I'll like it so I can't say I'll finish it for sure.
  • Revolutionary Road by Richard Yates - This is the book my friend and I chose for our next bookclub. It has been hard for us to start a bookclub as the persons we asked seemed interested but then never read the book or showed any further interest. I was a bit disappointed really but I'm happy to say that we are now a bookclub of two and we succeeded in reading and discussing our first book (The Shock of The Fall) and it was interesting and fun. Anyway, I chose this title because I have seen the movie a while ago and I was moved by it. I recently saw Mad Men which I loved and it made me think about Revolutionary Road a lot so I'm excited to dig into this one.


  • The Girl in the Spider's Web by David Lagercrantz - I have been reluctant to read this fourth installment of the Millenium "trilogy". First, I didn't want to buy it new (too expensive) and second, I was afraid of being disappointed as I was soooo much into the trilogy! After asking around I decided I should at least give it a try and I ordered it for Christmas - thank you Santa! Now, my question is, should I read the trilogy again beforehand? What are your thoughts on this difficult subject?

I probably have too much Agatha Christie's books on my list so I might get bored... but I am sick of all the books I accumulate without giving them a read. Sometimes, it happens that I am not interested at all into a particular story and I get rid of the book without reading it. Nevertheless, I love doing things on a to-do list so getting through this one is going to be fun! 

Keep in touch ♥ 
Copyright © Ravacholle
Design by Fearne