Falling for fall

30 September 2015

falling for fall ravacholle lifestyle blog what I love to do in autumn changing of the season falling leaves
Back in 2005, near home when I thought the world was at my feet.

I'm in love with this season. I'm enjoying lighting candles, drinking hot cocoa in the evenings, having changed to my a/w wardrobe, putting up scarfs on cold mornings... Cold mornings! I absolutely love them. I'll be honest tough, it's quite hard to appreciate when it's very early and you just had a bad/short night.

What I am totally excited about this fall



Somewhere in the South of England in 2011 and an afternoon tea in Canterbury last May.

My birthday (of course). My dream birthday? I have many dreams actually but it would be spending a whole week in England (or Scotland/Ireland/Wales), eating scones and having tea while rain is pouring down outside, putting on some wellies and going for longs walks in the countryside. Oh! to have a stroll on those little cobblestone streets...


Last year Halloween's and a card from Rifle Paper Co.

Many parties including Halloween! The bf and I already planned a little decoration theme and our costumes (nearly?)  and we hope it'll be as good as last year. We'll also be attending lots of dinner parties with friends and family, exciting!

The launch of our bookclub! My bestie and I decided a long time ago to ... read and share! (That's my definition of a bookclub for short.) We'll start with a few girls at our first meeting this month and I hope we'll meet new great minds in the future. We chose for our first read Gone Girl by Gillian Flynn. An excellent plot with some absolutely brilliant twists... Here is an awesome post on bookclub how-to, if you're interested.


A trip to Iceland. I'm totally excited for this one! I'll be visiting with my other bestie and we'll be touring like mad people. Circle tour, a swim in the Blue Lagoon, a Northern Lights watch... We won't be bored! Read my trip recap here.

Magazines. I become really addicted to magazines during the autumn and I keep reading them regularly until January at least. They contain lots of cute decorating ideas, many salivating recipes and inspiring outfits images. I always preferred the a/w fashion!


In front of the telly in my pjs. Highclere Castle (ITV)

Excellent shows. First GBBO, a baking show that I absolutely love! I finally caught up as at it aired at the end of the summer, I wasn't exactly in the mood to immerse myself fully in the competition. Second, Downton Abbey. Every Sunday (that's only two Sundays so far...) I curl up in the sofa with my knitted blanket with a cup of tea and simply I could jump into the screen just to live at Highclere Castle like Lady Mary...


My beloved cat, our old front garden and my dad circa 2005

Getting ready for Christmas. Obviously it's my favourite time of the year as I am the most predictable person you could meet. I browse a lot of decoration/activities/recipes/diy ideas online and I always want to buy so much crap. It's hard to be mindful in the jolly season but I try my best to fight my crazy urges to go and get all those ornaments/decorations/makeup items/christmas jumpers/candles... I don't really need.

What are you excited for this autumn?

Also:
Ten things to do when life gets hectic
A weekend in Royal Tunbridge Wells
A/W Wardrobe
Copyright © Ravacholle
Design by Fearne